For more information on the event, visit the conference website.
This years conference will start with a day of training sessions (available at extra cost), places on which must be pre-booked when you register:
- Joe Celko – A day of SQL with Celko: How often does an opportunity to learn SQL from the master come along? Not very often! Not to be missed if you’re new to SQL or want to polish up your skills.
- Bruce Momjian, Devrim Gunduz (EnterpriseDB) - Mastering PostgreSQL Administration: Hone your mastery of PostgreSQL, learning from Bruce, one of the project founders, and long term contributor and RPM maintainer, Devrim. This day long session starts with the basics, moving into more advanced administration and management topics.
- Greg Smith, Peter Geoghegan (2nd Quadrant) - PostgreSQL Performance Training: Renowned PostgreSQL performance expert Greg and developer Peter spend half a day showing you how to get the best performance from your database servers.
- Dimitri Fontaine, Simon Riggs (2nd Quadrant) - PostgreSQL Replication Training: PostgreSQL developer Dimitri and committer and author of features such as hot standby and point in time recovery, Simon, spend half a day discussing the streaming and synchronous replication, as well as failover and monitoring options available to PostgreSQL users.
- Pavel Stehule - Implementace ulo?en?ch procedur v PostgreSQL: Veteran contributor to PostgreSQL’s stored functions languages Pavel shows you how to write stored procedures in PostgreSQL. Half day, presented in Czech.
- Tomas Vondra (GoodData) - ?ten? exeku?n?ch pl?n?: Long time contributor Tomas teaches the finer points of reading query (EXPLAIN) plans. Half day, presented in Czech.